Latest release: Update 3 (build 1088) Page was last updated: 15.15 04/08/2021
For general information about the beta version, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Your comments and bug reports regarding the beta version are welcome through our help center:Help center
or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Consteel 15 Beta”.
Update 3 (build 1088) 04.08.2021
- Stiffeners can now be placed also on haunched members
- Copy/Move/Mirror function now works when starting the function without preselecting any object
- Many crash errors has been fixed
- Crash error caused by deleting a beam with haunch has been fixed
- Crash error caused by manual exploding (convert to plates) of beam with haunch has been fixed
Update 2 (build 1078) 12.07.2021
- Surface snow loads are now compatible with superbeam objects, as well.
- Point mass objects are now compatible with superbeam objects, as well.
- The stiffeners and cutouts are no longer deleted by the move point and edge command.
- Converted link elements can now be copied/rotated/mirorred after plate conversion.
- Creating a backup copy of the original version of the model will now be performed when you first save it in the new version.
- Many crash errors have been fixed.
- Considering stiffeners as warping stiffness in beam representation does not work correctly. Generated stiffness will be zero.
Deleting a beam with haunch causes crash error. To avoid this you have to delete the haunch first and then the beam. Manual exploding (convert to plates) of beam with haunch causes crash error.
Update 1 (build 1061) 14.06.2021
- Decimal delimiter character set by operation system locale settings.
- UPN and MC, C (US) profiles have also been added to available profiles as a web stiffener.
- Changing profile from welded I-section to another welded I-section does not delete the stiffeners and cutouts anymore.
- Object coloring by section in models imported from Pangolin does not cause crashes anymore.
- Many crash errors have been fixed.
- Coated materials can be assigned to RHS, CHS, and SHS profiles as well.
Limitations and missing functionalities
The following is a list of limitations in the beta version’s current state and needs further development. We are constantly working to reduce this list in future beta releases.
Only a comma(,) character is accepted as a decimal delimiter when entering numeric values.
- At the moment, the Superbeam function
- works correctly only for members with a double symmetric I section. In the case of monosymmetric I sections or members with haunches, geometrical incompatibilities may appear.
cannot consider point mass objects, they will not be converted. A diagnostic warning message appears when the member contains such objects. is not yet compatible with the surface snow load; these loads will not be converted. A diagnostic warning message appears when such loads are defined on the member.
- is not yet compatible with the Frame Corner Wizzard. A diagnostic warning message appears when a Frame Corner object was assigned to the member.
Stiffeners can not be placed on haunched members. UPN sections can not be used as stiffener sections.
- Descript – Script library integration
- Myscript environment
- Cloud open/save
- When converting a member to plates (permanent conversion)
- the link and smart link objects will be invalid during the conversion of members with RHS, SHS, CHS, C, Z, Zeta, Sigma sections
the converted link elements can not be copied/rotated/mirrored.
- The reaction forces of members connecting to a shell member are not correct.
- The login credentials cannot be saved at the moment. You have to enter your password at each login.
The following is a list of the known errors of the actual version of Consteel 15 beta. We are constantly working to fix these bugs.
- Tekla import/export is not working
- IDEA export is not working.
Only a comma(,) character is accepted as a decimal delimiter when entering numeric values. The creation of a backup file does not work when saving a model made with a previous version of Consteel.
- Importing general thin-walled sections into the Section Drafter module is not correct.
Using the Move point and edge command on a member, the stiffeners and the cutouts will be deleted. Changing the cross-section from a welded I section to another welded I section in the property tree, the stiffeners, and the cutouts will be deleted. Enabling object coloring by section causes program crash with models imported from Pangolin. Copy/Move/Mirror function does not work when starting the function without preselecting any object.
Missing, not working functionalities
- Script library from Service Center.
- The content scroll of a knowledge base post may not work properly in browsers other than Chrome.
Service Center search options are under development
- The mobile version is under development
- The search phrase is not always visible in the Service center.
- Special tags are not always visible in The Knowledge base
- The name of the Subscription product is “Consteel Full” in some cases
- Analysis only in elastic static case (no plastic, or dynamic analysis).
- Design only for standard and cold formed steel beams (no reinforced concrete, composite, fire).
- Deformed meshes do not include the new warping deformation visualizations of ConSteel 15.
- Enabling object coloring by section causes program crash with models imported from Pangolin.
General information about the beta version
Please note that the Consteel 15 Beta is a test version with the same limitations as a trial version. Therefore, please note the following:
- the Beta version is not for commercial use,
- models made with Consteel 15 Beta are not compatible with the earlier versions of Consteel, and
- models made with Consteel 15 Beta retains its trial version even when opened with a commercial license.
Please note that for Consteel 15, only Windows 10 is the supported operating system. Other operating systems may fail.
The planned duration of the beta period is 1. June 2021 – 30. September 2021.
Read our guide about the online licensing system for Licence Holders here
Read our guide for End Users here